If you have already issued a cheque to someone from your bank account then you can still stop the payment of the cheque. But there is one condition to do that, the cheque should not be cleared for payment yet. If the cheque has already paid then you can do nothing about that. In this article of mine, I will tell you how you can stop cheque payment in IDFC Bank. You can do that by following multiple methods, I will tell you the major methods.
Steps to Stop Cheque Payment in IDFC Bank by Stop Payment Request Form:
- The first thing you have to do is collect the Stop Cheque Payment Request Form.
- You can download the form from the official website of IDFC Bank or get it from the home branch.
- Enter the account holders name, bank account number.
- Now enter the cheque leaves number which you want to stop.
- Check the cheque leaves number which you have entered.
- Make sure you use a black ink pen and make your signature.
Steps to Stop Cheque Payment in IDFC Bank by SMS:
- Type the SMS in the pattern which is mentioned below.
- CHQSTOP <Space><XXXX><Space><YYYY>
- Replace XXXX with the last 4 digits of your bank account number.
- Replace YYYY with the 6 digits of the cheque leaf.
- And send it to 5676732 from your registered mobile number.
These are the major methods by following which you can stop cheque payment in IDFC Bank. You may be also getting the option to stop the cheque payment using the internet banking. I recommend you to contact the bank for more details.