If you want to change your name in Canara Bank account for some reasons then you can do that very easily by writing an application letter to the bank manager.
Steps to Change Name in Canara Bank Account
- Write an application letter addressing to the bank manager of Canara Bank.
- Mention the subject as “Change of Name in Bank Records”.
- Make sure that you mention the right reason why you are changing your name.
- Both the previous name and the new name should be mentioned in the application letter.
- Now take out your identity proof document and take a clear photocopy of the document.
- Make your signature on the photocopy to make it self-attested.
- Attach the photocopy to the application letter.
- And finally, submit the application letter to the bank manager.
If you are trying to change your first name, last name or only middle name then you have to provide your identity proof document only.
But if you want to change your complete name then you will have to submit the affidavit to the bank. For more details about getting the name change affidavit or Gazette notification, I recommend you to consult any lawyer you know.