ATM card or Debit card is a great thing that can help us to withdraw money from our bank account, deposit in some cases and also pay the merchants online over the internet. But if you have lost your ATM Card or Debit Card Somewhere then you should block it immediately.
Because your bank account is in serious danger if your lost card goes into wrong hands. If you hold a bank account with IDFC bank and have lost your ATM Card somewhere. Then I will tell you how you can block your card.
You can block the card using multiple methods and the major ones are mentioned in this article.
Steps to Block IDFC Bank ATM Card by SMS:
- Type the SMS in the pattern that is mentioned below.
- BLOCK <Space> XXXX
- Replace XXXX with the last 4 digits of your ATM Card number.
- And send it to 9289289960 from your registered mobile number.
Steps to Block IDFC Bank ATM Card using Internet Banking:
- Go to the official website of the IDFC Bank.
- Click on Login which can be found at the upper right corner.
- Choose Personal and Business Banking link.
- Click on internet banking and enter your account details correctly.
- Go to the Cards section of internet banking.
- Select the card which you want to block.
- And follow the on-screen insturctions to block it.
Steps to Block IDFC Bank ATM Card by Calling Customer Care:
- Call the Customer care of the bank on their toll-free number: 1800-419-4332.
- Get your call connected to the customer care executive using IVR.
- Tell them that you have lost your card and want to block it.
- They will guide you and block the lost card as soon as possible.
These are the 3 methods by following which you can block IDFC Bank ATM Card. If you have internet banking access then I recommend you to go with the second method.
If you are facing any kind of difficulties in blocking your card. I highly recommend you to call the customer care of the bank on 1800-419-4332.