Steps to Activate SBI ATM Card
- Find any of the ATM center which is owed by the State Bank of India.
- Send the SMS in the prescribed format from the registered mobile number to receive the OTP from the bank.
- Go to the SBI ATM center.
- Insert your new ATM or Debit card into the machine and take it out once it is read by the machine.
- Now enter the OTP that you have received from the bank via SMS as the PIN of your ATM card.
- The machine will ask you to change the PIN number.
- Set the PIN number of your choice and exit from the center.
To receive the OTP or one-time password you need to send the SMS from your registered mobile number only. The OTP should be used within the mentioned time frame as it expires.
The OTP is a temporary PIN of your card and should be changed after one use.
If you want to know how you can block the card then follow this link.